Monday, April 07, 2008
We're moving. I'm excited. What I look forward to most is that our new health insurance starts on John's first day of work which means I can finally get new prescription sunglasses. Our insurance now only allows new lenses every two years and I always end up getting new glasses. Not anymore.
I've never been to Chicago but I've heard nothing but great things about it. Although we won't actually be living in the city, we will be taking advantage of the free corporate housing which means we might be in the city the first couple months.
What I'm not excited about? Leaving my Mom. How in the world does anyone ever move away from their Mom? Those of you who read my blog, and happen to live far away from your mothers ( and I know there are at least a few of you) please tell me how you do it. Also, does anyone know anyone who lives in the suburbs of Chicago that can recommend a good stake/ward? Any info would be great. In only a few short weeks I'll be posting from the windy city!! Hurray!
8 Comments:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Congrats on the new job, and I hope the move goes smoothly!
Being away from my mom was the hardest part of moving, for sure. I think it was made a little easier because first we moved to Arizona and we were able to visit often. Once we moved to Connecticut, I was used to being away from her for longer stretches, although it is still hard. I call her every Sunday, which is a huge help. The blogs help, too, on both sides. And, of course, emails. At least we have been blessed with many technology options to stay in touch. Also, planning and knowing when I'll see her again helps. So, when we say, "good-bye" after a visit, at least I know I'll see her again in 6 months or whatever it is. And lastly, and probably the most important for me, is to make sure you like your life in your new place. When we first moved, Ben and I had a horrible job with a jerk of a boss and I hated life in Connecticut. We both eventually quit and now it's not so bad here.
I probably shared more than my share - sorry! Again, good luck and have fun with everything!
Hope everything goes well and you enjoy the Windy City! Hit up a Cubs game for me if you ever get a chance. :)
Matt- I think we will be living in Naperville, (if we can afford to) is there a particular area/ ward you would recommend?
Then I'll visit you.
I'll be like the go between!
Seriously though good luck with that. I always remember living with you in Provo and how much you called your Mom...I don't think this is going to be easy...it's your Mom's fault though. I mean she's so great it is hard not to get attached...I mean I'm attached and I'm not even her daughter!
You have to go to Leonardo's in downtown Naperville by the Riverwalk. The best stuffed pizza around! REAL stuffed pizza. Probably not what you think, unless you've had it before. I haven't had real pizza since leaving Naperville. Seriously. You laugh, but just wait! Chicago style is the only way to go. Connie's and Giordano's too!
-j