Friday, January 09, 2009

The other day I was in Pottery Barn Kids and I came across a package of felt donuts. Since I didn't want to spend almost half my grocery allowance on fake donuts, I decided to make some myself. I found this tutorial and got to work this morning. This is what I came up with:

I guess they look cute enough and Devan seems to like them just fine. They obviously aren't as impeccable as Pottery Barn's, but they were fun to make. On to better news-

I finished the first project from my list! The pink and brown quilt I started a while ago for the baby.
It's backed with just plain pink flannel and I really like it. Also- Devan's furniture is done!! This is great news. John finished the dresser last weekend and now it's in her room along with the night stand. I will post pictures of them later. I really love them. Her room is far from finished, especially now since we have to make room for a crib and find a way to make all of the girls clothes fit. Devan had tons of baby clothes!

I'm still undecided on double strollers. Will I really use it? Will I regret if I just get a cheap double umbrella stroller? Any input would be great!

6 Comments:

  1. sheri said...
    Those donuts are awesome! Now I want a donut.
    And oh, how I LOVE brown and pink together. I'm pretty sure 1/2 of Kelly's wardrobe alone is brown/pink. Good thing she can pull the colors off so well.
    And I've obviously not needed a double stroller, but I have friends who've done different things. Some use a sling most often for the baby...like for walking around the mall (larger/longer trips where Devan might still need a stroller) You could get a cheaper or umbrella stroller and have 2 if you're going somewhere even bigger like Disneyland or the zoo for the day. (and you know you'll have 2 adults there to push them) Or maybe check out Craigslist. I'm sure there are some great deals on double strollers. That would be good if you plan on going for long-ish walks during the day.
    But really, I'm just pretending to know what I'm talking about.
    J-Dub said...
    Mo, great job with the donuts (short for doughnuts).

    Actually the reason why people use the spelling "donut" as opposed to "doughnut" is because it is cheaper to buy the signage that would go on a storefront. Think in terms of costly neon signs.

    Anyway, great job. Dinner better not be fake pizza or burgers.
    Alissa said...
    i'd love some donuts. mm... now you're killing me.

    double stroller. we have one. do i wish we hadn't bought it. yes. would i sell it to you? yes, if we were even remotely close.

    there have been very few times when i've used it and been glad. usually, i end up wishing i'd brought my sling since the baby just wants to be held anyway and then i'm left trying to hold the baby and push a double stroller with miles in the front.
    Kendra said...
    Love the donuts! I think we would have to much fun being creative together if we lived near each other! Anyway...I am into the sit and stand double stroller. They are the kind that have a place for a car seat and have a place for the bigger sibling to stand/sit when they get tired of walking! I am totally going to get one when I have another munchkin and they are only like $100...you might even find one for cheaper on line!
    Tricia said...
    I agree with alissa. I'd love some donuts. and skip the double stroller and go for the sling/bjorn/pack and stroller. or at least start out with that and you can always go buy one later.
    Tricia said...
    i got so caught up in thinking about donuts, that I forgot to say that that's a lovely baby quilt you made as well!

Post a Comment