Saturday, August 04, 2007
Today we decided to brave the traffic and crowds to attend the local county fair. The weather was perfect, ( When is it not?) and there was plenty to do to keep my little one entertained. The trip was fun and educational. What do I mean by educational, you ask? Here are only a few of the things we learned today.
Did you know that all of this stuff comes from cows?
We all know that ice cream and hot dogs (gross) come from cows, but I didn't know that we also need cows for things like band aids and crayons. We also found this cool cow-fact sheet:
So if you are a cow, you aren't really a cow until you've had a baby. Well, enough about cows, we also got to see other cool animals like lots and lots of rabbits, goats, lambs, and the Budweiser Clydesdale's.
Every time I go to fairs, or carnivals, or the Santa Monica Pier, I always get sucked into playing the games that no one ever wins. Like this one:To make a long story short, the next time I pass a game like this I am going to take the cash out of my wallet and drop it in the nearest trash can. So we didn't win one of the cute puppy dog stuffed animals, but we did get funnel cake!
So, after the fair Devan had a baby party to attend. All the neighborhood babies showed up for a fun pool party.
So that was our day, long and busy. It was unfortunately not the "get the work done day" I hoped it would be. Good thing church doesn't start till noon. Oh I also got the cutest hand made toddler bed at a yard sale this morning. I will be posting about that soon, so check back.
2 Comments:
-
- Ruth said...
6:11 AMSometimes it is good to forget about work that needs be done and take advantage of the beautiful weather and spend time with family - especially when daddy works.- sheri said...
8:15 PMHey! there's MY kid! (ps. I've got one of your kid on my blog, too!)