Thursday, April 30, 2009

2 Weeks

Is it wrong for me to wish she was older than two weeks? I guess I just miss having some type of schedule/routine. Apparently two week olds don't have either...
Lilah is doing great. She weighs over 7 lbs and though she's had a couple fussy nights, she still seems to be far more mellow than Devan ever was.

Lilah has already had a few "firsts". She's been to the park, the mall, Target, Doctors office, etc. Oh yeah, and she's been to the beach twice. The first time she was only 5 days old. I know. I'm crazy. No, I would have gone crazy if I didn't get out of our apartment that first week. Am I the only one who gets baby blues? I get seriously emotional after having a baby. I HATE it. I would totally be popping Prozac or something if I wasn't nursing. Either way, I feel like I'm over the baby blues phase and now I'm just sleep deprived. And, Lilah was totally bundled up inside the sling at the beach while I sat on a bench and watched Devan and John chase seagulls so it's not like she was hanging out on a beach towel catching the swine flu or anything.

Devan LOVES her little sister. But not so fond of all the changes little sisters bring. I feel bad a lot because I know it's hard for her and I miss spending time with her. I guess things will all smooth out eventually, right? My Mom has been here and she's leaving tomorrow. I can't believe next week I'm going to be totally alone. Wish me luck...

4 Comments:

  1. Aunt Corinne said...
    You will be fine...you are a great Mom and a lot of things will change for all 3 of you. Devan can help with the baby, that way you are spending time with both and she doesn't feel left out. I know my friend's daughter was the same way that is the age of Devan. She helps get the bottle, or diapers, or helps swing baby or watch the baby, holds the baby, etc. They can be quite the little helper. This way she feels loved and a part of the babies life. Then when the baby sleeps, do something with Devan, even if it is to watch a movie or make a batch of cookies. YOU ARE A GREAT MOM AND remind yourself every day of that. Love ya
    Schmath said...
    "it's not like she was hanging out on a beach towel catching the swine flu or anything."

    You're hilarious.
    Jamie Onken said...
    I was the same way with Andrew. I had to get out of the house or I thought I might go insane. We walked to Nordstroms when he was a week (maybe not even that)and it gave me much needed relief. But that didn't stop people from stopping me and basically telling me I was horrible for being out of the house. My response was "its either the mall or me crying at home by myself and hating life" and they usually shut up after that.
    But it is so amazing what getting out of the house can do for your psyche.
    Ruth said...
    I don't think you are crazy. I took Kate to the beach and (everywhere else) when she was just days old, too. Not only do you have to get out of the house, but so does Devan. If people say anything, just ignore them - this is your baby. You know what is best for her and for your family.

    I totally know what you mean about missing the time you used to have with Devan. You have a newborn now, and that is time consuming. You all get used to it, but I do still miss my time with Ashley. I guess you just have to make sure your time spent is quality time. I would also still try to play with Ashley or read to her while I nursed. I think that helped us too. Maybe some Daddy-Daugter dates help? Ashley still talks about her date with Daddy.

    Good luck. Having another child is an adjustment, so don't be too hard on yourself. You will do great!

Post a Comment