Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Reminiscing...

The other day I was reminiscing about the days before we had kids. I don't do this often, and this particular time I began to miss those days terribly. I wasn't quite sure what exactly it was that I was missing but I knew I felt something inside of me that wished if only for a day I could go back to that time. I mentioned this to John before we went to bed one night and began listing the things I missed. It went something like this...

"Remember when we could go to bed early if we wanted to...or we could sleep in as late as we wanted...remember when we'd take naps on Saturday afternoons after we strolled through the farmers market at a leisurely pace...or when we'd nap after church before we went to my parents for dinner..."

I then realized what I was missing: SLEEP!

Okay, so I haven't gotten any sleep in the past 8 weeks. But I have gotten something else in return. I think she's worth it.




3 Comments:

  1. Schmath said...
    Why is your baby so cute? I miss going to restaurants whenever we want and going out for ice cream or taco bell in the middle of the night. Those were the days.
    grandma kelly said...
    She and Devan are both worth it; today, tomorrow and forever! And just wait till you have GRAND-KIDS! Even better!
    Ellsworth Family said...
    Hey Morgan, I've been reading your blog and so sad to hear about Lilah and you not feeling well. It must be something to do with the second baby. Sam was the same way, sick, I was sick, nightmare days and nights. I'm glad he's 4, and the third was MUCH easier. Hang in there and sleep with come soon. Say hi to John and I hope things improve soon.
    Amanda

Post a Comment