Thursday, October 11, 2007
When I was 16 I decided I wanted to be a vegetarian. I have never been crazy about eating meat, and so I thought being a vegetarian was right for me. So for about four years I didn't eat any meat. Not even chicken. But for some reason, at some point in my life, I started eating chicken again. I stuck with only chicken for a few more years and then I found myself eating some red meats. And now I eat both, a little, here or there. So the other day I was trying to think of something to cook for dinner and I got this overwhelming feeling of disgust towards meat again! I believe I actually said aloud, " I loathe chicken." Where did it come from? Why is this feeling back? Now, out of no where, all kinds of meat totally gross me out. No, I am not pregnant. ( Isn't if funny how once you've had a baby, every time you start to feel a little sick everyone assumes you are pregnant?) Anyway, to make a long story short I have done some extensive online research to find some tasty, vegetarian meals. Heres what I found, for all you vegetarian readers. (If there are any).
Last night I tried this recipe. Stuffed peppers. They turned out pretty good and were actually very filling. John ate the leftover pepper for lunch today and he claims they are better the next day.
Tonight I tried this tasty dish. This one is a definite keeper. Even the little one liked it. I was giving her little bites of broccoli mixed with the rice and she didn't notice, until one bite I said " I sneaked in some broccoli in that bite"...and then she spit it right out and said "yuck". Oh well.
So far my family has been very understanding with my relapse into vegetarianism. Who knows how long they will last, or how long my meat loathing will last.
I know we don't know each other...I'm a friend of John's from WAY back...but I can relate to this post. I get this way with eggs every now and then. If I ever really think about what an egg is, I get a little queasy.
And, I nearly laughed out loud at your "no, I'm not pregnant line". :) Anyway, nice to meet you.:)
-Jack
ps. Cute baby
Ben- You're funny. Have any chicken-enlightenment tours you recommend?