Tuesday, October 30, 2007
Lately I've been feeling a bit nostalgic. This happens every year around this time. I think of my high school years and am reminded of the crisp morning walks to school and the cold Friday nights sitting in the football stadium bleachers. Music has always played an important role in my life and always has the power to bring back many memories. Yesterday I was feeling particularly reminiscent and decided to download some songs that I used to listen to back in the day. I looked at the Billboard Top 100 songs for the years I was in high school and found some great gems that I haven't heard in years. I realized two things while doing this. 1) I'm older than I feel, and 2) I listened primarily to hip hop until I got married, when I decided I should listen to something a little more enlightening. I still love hip hop but have cut back a lot. So anyway, I thought it would be fun to list some lyrics of some of the songs I listened to to see if anyone remembers or recognizes the songs. Some people should know some (Quinn) and others should know most (Jackie). Good Luck!
2) "You come out at night, that's when the energy comes and the dark side's light and the vampires roam"
3) "Well I guess what you say is true, I could never be the right kind of girl for you, I could never be your woman"
4) "There's no sense in telling me the wisdom of a fool won't set you free but that's the way that it goes and it's what nobody knows and every day my confusion grows"
5) "A lot of good cars are Japanese, but when were driving far I need my baby next to me"
6) "You ain’t even close wit the rhymes that you wrote, don’t be mad cause you broke let me clear my throat ah huh ah huh"
7) "She makes me want to kiss all the babies, hug the puppy dogs she makes me feel like a mom, smell the flowers and plant a tree I gotta say that Mable -- She's the bomb"
8) "With my big black boots and an old suitcase I do believe Ill find myself a new place I dont want to be the bad guy I dont want to do your sleepwalk dance anymore"
9) "There'll be some lovemaking, heartbreaking, soul shaking oh oooh oh"
Okay. Some of those sound pretty funny when typed out. Hopefully reading these will also bring back some memories!
And I was surprised you knew the song, Alissa. Your a better Cake fan than I am.
Have a glorious day...you are truly "Morgan the Great!"
You ROCK!