Monday, October 08, 2007
I know, I know! I never really gave bratwurst a fair shake. My family never ate them, Morgan's family never ate them and my friends never ate them, so it's not my fault. They have always looked good but I always thought they were a meat that sat on the periphery of the sausage world, somewhere just above liverwurst. I only considered them after seeing someone else eat one.
We were watching Paul Deen on the Food Network and they were making tailgating food. These brats were the main course. They boiled theirs in beer first, but I skipped that and went straight to grilling. Then I topped them with grilled onions and peppers and wrapped in a toasted hoagie roll with spicy mustard. Delicious!
I have to say that the bratwurst has definitely brought itself to the forefront of the sausage taxonomy, just behind Kielbasa and Linguica.
1 Comment:
-
- m3ng said...
8:11 AMIf I ever had the opportunity to re-organize the world, our currency would be Bratwurst.