Monday, October 08, 2007
Today we went to the pumpkin patch for some fun photo ops. We saw big pumpkins, we saw small pumpkins, we saw animals...and then we saw the slide! This was no ordinary slide. This was a full fledged Carni slide. It was tall, fast and probably hadn't passed inspection. Sounds to me like an equation for FUN!
First I went with Devan, not knowing if she would like or not. She was either going to love it or hate it. As we scaled the inflatable beast the worker shouted, "Don't put her in your lap because if you tumble you could crush her!" Oh man, this must be one bad ride. We got to top and surveyed the surroundings, then sat down and prepared for action. I placed Devan next to, made sure Morgan was ready below with the camera and then slid. It was fun and Devan loved it.
So we got up and did it again. This time, when we got to the top Devan insisted on going by herself! That's my girl! I yelled down to Morgan for approval, "She wants to go by herself!?!" With a nod from the mother I placed Devan down. Without any hesitation she shot off. It was pure comedy. That little body with legs in the air, hair flying and huge smile raced to the bottom.
We will look back on this and remember the slide and the time Devan wanted to do it by herself.


Hope you're well!
Amanda