Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Sewing Update

Here are a few things my new best friend and I have been working on. First is what I now refer to as the beast. I had this great idea for this disapearing nine patch quilt I was going to make. At first everything was going fine. I made a few little mistakes as it was my first time attemping this pattern. I wanted it to be a really big, comfy quilt that would make a perfect Christmas present. But days turned into weeks and it felt like I would never finish. So, I eventually finished the quilt, and very hastily might I add. In my haste I soon realized that on one side of the back of the quilt I did not cut enough fabric. So I had to hand sew an extention piece on the back, because it was too late to fix it the right way. My Mom thinks you can't even notice it, but all I see when I look at this beast of a quilt is the big, fat part where I screwed up. So, I gave it to my Mom. She loves it. But she's my Mom and she loves everything I make. She's got a growing pile of things I made that I didn't like or messed up on. Anyway, here it is:



Next is a little dress I sewed up for D. It was my first time sewing with elastic thread and I think I made it a little too tight. Didnt' get a good front shot, as usual. Here is the back:



And last night I found a tutorial for this little bag. I actually had the same fabric as her tutorial, only in different colors. Love love love the fabric. I haven't decided what to do with it yet, but here it is:
Well, now its time to start on Christmas gifts. I probably won't be posting any sewing projects any time soon because they might be a gift for you!

3 Comments:

  1. Mo said...
    This post was by me, Mo. Still figuring out how to have 2 contributers!
    Anonymous said...
    Mo! I love it! It is so bright and fun! I think your brave for attempting so many tiny pieces...
    Alissa said...
    i made that dress for my girls as well... and i also shirred it up too tight... oops.

Post a Comment