Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Long Over Due

It's been a while since I've posted any pictures, and my sister mentioned to me that she has forgotten what her neice looks like. So here are a few photos of what we've been up to lately. (Besides the obvious move!).

First things first. John really likes his job. And I really like his job, too. Yesterday was his first day and minutes after he walked in the door we got this humongous bouquet of flowers from a flower delivery guy. It was addresed to me and it looked like this:




(this photo doesn't really do it justice. It's very large). John and I both looked at each other wondering who in the world would be sending me flowers. I opened the card and found it was from John's new bosses! The card said something like "Welcoming you aboard. We are delighted to have you and John join the (company B) family." I was very impressed to say the least! I also felt as though it was one of many tender mercies from the Lord, letting us know we made the right choice.

Next. When I see this photo I think of the word "compromise". You see, John and I, though very alike in many ways, have very different tastes as far as decorating goes. I am very much a more traditional, whimsical type of girl, where he is very much a modern-contemporary type of guy. When we moved in I chose to let our room have a more contemporary feel. Here is a glimpse of what it looks like:






The flower vase I found at a thrift store for 99 cents. The candle sticks are from John's mission, hand carved from somewhere in Africa, I think. I don't usually like that much black, or any dark color for that matter, but I'm happy with the way our room looks so far.

Here is your neice, Q. She's got rather sleepy looking eyes in this photo. She's pointing to her hot pink finger nails that I painted. And she's not wearing pants. As usual.



John and Devan playing blocks. Devan's not wearing pants again. You can also see our new TV unit. And our new TV! (Thanks again to the greatest in-laws ever!)



Below is a little project I was working on before we moved. I was trying to find the perfect way to display John's missionary tags. I finally found this frame and I think it looks great. I'm going to hang it on the wall next to one of John's favorite mission photos. If I can find it after our move. Who knows where it might be now.


That's it for now!

4 Comments:

  1. Quinn said...
    wow. she looks really different since i saw her at Christmas. thanks for the pics!
    sheri said...
    Great pictures! Your apartment looks way nice...and a fireplace?! Woot! I heart Devan and her lack of pants. Pants are over-rated anyway. Miss you!
    J said...
    Flowers. I love flowers. That's pretty niffty that they sent you some!
    jessicalangprice said...
    That is a GREAT idea for mission tags/stuff they treasure but you don't particularly have the same feelings for it.

Post a Comment