Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Cupcake Love

Devan has a birthday coming up. She is SO excited about it because when she turns three she gets to do all the things she's been begging me to do for the past six months. Mainly go to preschool and start a dance class. I've yet to explain to her that these things don't happen immediately when she turns three- I don't know what will happen when I tell her that she can't start school until the fall. In the meantime, I've been working on a birthday present for her. Seeing as she has more toys than she will ever be able to play with, not to mention we are absolutely out of room for anything that's bigger than a DVD- I decided a nice handmade gift would be best. I found an easy apron tutorial and got to sewing this morning. I have to say, it came out so stinking cute I want to make one for myself.




Last time we were at Target Devan spotted these sandals and insisted that I put them on her birthday list.
I thought they were pretty cute, and now that I've made the cupcake apron I figure she's got to have them. It's only fair, right? Happy Tuesday!

5 Comments:

  1. Kendra said...
    oh my goodness! so stinkin' cute! i want one too! :) where did you find the tutorial?
    Mo said...
    Here's the tutorial- http://www.michaelmillerfabrics.com/Blog/Classic_Apron.pdf

    I didn't actually make a pattern I just kind of eyeballed it, but its pretty self explanatory and super fun!
    J-Dub said...
    Good job. It looks delicious.
    sheri said...
    That apron is adorable! And I totally just bought Kelly those same shoes. And how were you able to pull of the sewing w/Devan around?
    J said...
    I really like the apron! Your daughter is like a little Strawberry shortcake doll!

Post a Comment