Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Making Life Easier

Like most almost three year olds, Devan loves to do everything all by herself. This is good when she wants to do things that she actually can do by herself, and bad when she wants to do things that she could never do herself (Please please please let me use the drill to hang the curtain rod in my room! I can do it all by myself!!)

One of the things she can do is pick out clothes and dress herself (almost). The problem I've found is that she has a hard time remembering what clothes are in what drawers. I came up with a little labeling system that seems to have worked so far.

I printed this free packing list and cut out the pictures I wanted.
I made them into little labels, tied them on with bakers twine and voila!


They are so cute I almost want to make some for my drawers, but I think John might think I've really lost it if I did.

Now I just need to train Devan to put her clothes away as well as take them out!
Happy St. Patty's Day!

4 Comments:

  1. J-Dub said...
    Great idea! Don't put one of those of the gun safe (if we had one).

    You can make one that has pictures of moths and put it on my wallet.
    Summer said...
    So, so, so cute! So creative of you-I wish had more of that word in me...
    Anonymous said...
    What a great idea!!!!!! I am going to pass along to my friend Carolyn
    Benielle said...
    That's a great idea, I think I will do it for Ben. He can never remember where the girls' clothes are either!

    I love your blog!

Post a Comment