Wednesday, November 12, 2008
I have had a problem for a long while now that I need a solution to. We have a king size bed that I love. I love everything about it and cannot believe that we ever slept on a queen. I especially love it since we bought a foam mattress topper. But there is one problem: I cannot, for the life of me, find sheets that fit.
I have bought about 4 different sets of sheets over the past few years and NONE fit. I've bought "extra deep pocket" sheets and "fits up to 17 inch mattress" sheets all to no avail. I've measured my mattress, and it's not 17 inches tall. With our queen bed I could buy any sheets and have room to spare. And my problem has only been exacerbated since buying the mattress topper. Now, every single day when I make the bed I end up pulling and stretching, and pulling and stretching just to get the fitted sheet to fit! It is becoming the bane of my existence!
If anyone has any input, or knows of a particular brand that will actually fit a king sized mattress, please let me know! I would appreciate it more than you know!
http://sewing.about.com/od/homedecprojects/ss/fittedsheet.htm
Oh, and I would consider "California King" too. They are bigger but I think you would be able to tell... They are HUGE. Good Luck. Don't hurt yourself!
~d