Monday, November 17, 2008
You may remember that a while back I posted about inheriting my grandmothers bedroom set. Well, I have been in the process of sanding/painting it and have finally completely finished one piece. This is what it looked like before (but not a dresser, a nightstand).And this is what it looks like now:
It will be going in Devan's room. You can see I've started sanding the drawers for the dresser. It's been so ridiculously hot here that I haven't wanted to be outside much lately, otherwise I'd probably have more progress. My Mom also has a desk, hutch and headboard but I don't think I'll be getting around to painting those any time soon.
Even though I'm happy that Devan gets to have a bedroom set that her great grandmother bought, and that almost everyone in my family has used at one time or another, I'm still excited for the day that I can buy whatever furniture I want!
And on the topic of buying stuff, we have made several offers on homes these past couple weeks. We are supposed to hear today or tomorrow on our favorite one so cross your fingers for us!
3 Comments:
-
- Anonymous said...
8:19 PMWow, Mo! That looks great! Hmm, maybe I want it back! JK- Quinn said...
9:49 AMNice work, Mo. This looks great.- sheri said...
10:18 AMAwesome work! And I can't wait to hear about your offers!!! We've got to do Mimi's soon.