Monday, November 24, 2008

I've found a better, cheaper replacement. You may remember my sandal conundrum a few months back when I ultimately gave in and went to Stride Rite. And I still really like Stride Rite, I just really don't like their prices. My Crocs discovery was actually by accident.



I have been wearing Crocs for a couple years now and really love them. Although my only complaint is that they are (obviously) not the most stylish shoes. I mostly wear them because they really are so comfortable. I've looked at Crocs for Devan several times, real and generic, and never felt crazy about them. Until now.

A couple days ago I was heading a doctors appointment. I stopped at Joann's on the way. While I was putting Devan back into the car one of her sandals fell off her feet and into the parking lot. I didn't notice. We drove to my appointment where the only free parking I could find was in a mall parking lot. (Who puts a hospital and a mall right across the street from each other anyway?) I noticed Devan had lost a sandal. I also noticed we had to cross a busy street, find the doctors office in one of many glass buildings that looked exactly alike, make it through my appointment and then make it back to the car. I didn't want to carry her the whole way and I didn't want her walking around barefoot, either. The closest store was a Nordstrom Rack. Like I EVER shop at Nordstrom anything! The sandal that she lost was from a pair I bought at Old Navy for 2 bucks. I quickly ran in and found the cheapest shoe I could find- the Mickey Mouse Crocs. They were $16, which I guess is good for Crocs, but I was still a little bummed about spending so much. Anyway- turns out we both LOVE them! Devan can put them on herself and they stay on, unlike her flip flops. And I really think they are so cute on little kids. I think I'll be sticking with Crocs from now on. Sorry, Stride Rite. I hope you understand.

3 Comments:

  1. Alissa said...
    dude. they even make little mary jane type crocs for little girls now. check target.
    J-Dub said...
    Devan needs some UCLA crocs. Peace out Stride Rite.
    Carrie said...
    I love Crocs on my kids! They last forever or (until they grow out of them). Heed my warning though--don't get a generic pair. Not worth it.

Post a Comment