Saturday, December 13, 2008
The other night I decided to branch out from my normal holiday baking routine and make marshmallows. I'm glad I did. Although adding another thing to bake at the holidays is not always a good thing. My list is getting a little long. But these were worth it.I found the recipe here. They are simple. I got tired of crushing candy canes, but it turned out okay because now every now and again while eating the mallows you get a little chunk of candy cane that adds a nice texture. I was seriously wishing for a kitchenaid mixer after about five minutes of mixing with a hand mixer and had to recruit John to do some mixing.
They are delicious in hot chocolate or all by themselves. Give them a try!
2 Comments:
-
- Alissa said...
11:54 AMThese look awesome!- sheri said...
7:34 PMCool! I've got a link/recipe similar (with swirling of the red food dye, etc) that I'm hoping to try this next week. We'll see if I can get to it, though.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)