Thursday, February 14, 2008

Lovey Dovey

Today was a good day. First, this morning, Devan got a visit from her Grandma, who didn't come empty handed. My Mother in law came with a balloon and chocolate. Devan heard the door bell and came down the stairs to see who it was. As soon as she saw the balloon she exclaimed "My balloon!" as if she had been searching all over for it. (Devan is obsessed with balloons, and assumes any balloon in sight is automatically hers.)


Next, I spent all morning baking. More like all day. I love baking. It's more like a hobby for me I find, however I just wish I didn't eat everything I bake. A Valentines cake:









I also made some lollipops. I used this recipe, however my candy thermometer is broken and I cooked them a little longer than I should have. They came out OK. I wish they were better, but I think I will try another batch one day. I'm sure little kids would love them, Devan didn't seem to notice they didn't come out right. Now if only I had 19 more kids so I could get rid of them.



When John got home from work the day got better. First, his new snowboard came. I wish I could say that I bought him a snowboard for Valentines day, but I didn't. He bought it himself, only after the devastating loss of his old board. Maybe he will blog about it one day. So he got a new board and he also bought a rose for both Devan and me! What a sweet guy. Devan is so lucky to have a father who has set the precedent for all her future Valentines days!

Next we went out to dinner at Wood Ranch. We went early enough to beat the crowds and had a tasty meal. After dinner we visited with John's family. John's sister is home from college for the weekend and brought Devan a nice Valentines day gift. She works at Gap, and got Devan some super cute clothes. Shout out, Adrienne! I don't even know if she reads the blog, but thanks again for the awesome gift!

We had such a great day. We were so lucky to share the day with our wonderful, generous family members. I can't even express how grateful I am for our awesome families.

Now, since this post was so full of lovey dovey-ness, I feel like I have to dedicate it to our dear friend who will soon be moving away, Mr. Annonymous. I know how much you love hearing about things like lollipops, roses and heart shaped cakes, so this one's for you!

3 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    OHHHHHHH....AWWWWWWWWW....I feel so warm and fuzzy inside....you are sooooo lucky to have a man like Eggs...opps..I mean John.
    J said...
    Come cook for me!!
    Anonymous said...
    Mo you're slacking...it has been 4 days since I've seen something new on the blog....I'm jones-ing for something new.

Post a Comment