Saturday, February 23, 2008

Weekend Fun

Things have been pretty busy around here. Yesterday we returned from a short trip to San Diego. We only stayed one night but it was nice to have some new scenery. We stayed in this great hotel right in downtown. It had modern contemporary decor with bright bold colors. I love staying in hotels that actually have a specific style. Devan loved it too. She especially loved the big bed:

Our original plan was to take Devan to The Happiest Place on Earth on the way home, but it was raining and we had already been to Balboa Park that morning and decided we would try Disneyland another time. Devan did pretty good on the car ride home. And even though she didn't get to go to the happiest place on earth, she did get to come with me to my happiest place on earth: Ikea! They have a brand spanking new one in Costa Mesa. We had lunch and did some shopping, but not as much as I'd liked. I told John that for Mothers Day I want to go back to Ikea. Alone. All by myself. No husbands or children allowed. And shop, for as long as I want. He said that was fine, and I'm gunna hold him to it.


We've stayed pretty busy since we came home. Today we ran lots of errands, John had a basketball game, we met John's Dad and sister for sushi and then went to a friends going away party where we stayed until 9pm! (ps- to my friends that are moving away- you need to start a blog!) Devan had such a blast playing with all her friends. She would literally stay up all night if we let her. Oh, and I got new shoes!



Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

1 Comment:

  1. Anonymous said...
    I'm trying to convince Mrs. Anonymous to start a blog, we'll see. Did that room come w/ 3D glasses?

Post a Comment