Thursday, February 07, 2008

Is it just me, or is everyone pregnant/having babies this time of year? I think it's great. I love babies. I also love giving baby gifts. LOVE it. They are my favorite gifts to give. I have a huge tub full of baby clothes and baby items that I find great deals on to keep for gifts. Sometimes I go through it just for fun. However, when giving baby gifts I do also buy something off a registry first. Especially for first time Moms. While I was totally and completely grateful for every single gift I got at my baby showers, I still ended up having to buy most of the necessities.

Anyway- I have two friends who are both having their firsts soon and I am so excited! So I decided to go the extra mile and make gift cards yesterday. Now, I've never been very good at scrapbooking and all the "cardmaking kits" I'd see at craft stores looked kinda cheesy to me, but I got a little burst of inspiration and thought I'd go for it. I recently purchased this and this. It took a while to get the hang of it, but it ended up working well for me. Here is the finished product:



(The 'G' on the card does not stand for girl.) I love it when the things I make come out they way I think they will. The opposite it true as well. I've had many "this is SO not what I pictured" projects.

On a side note, I bought Devan a pack of six plastic cups yesterday at where else but Target, and she LOVES them. She played with them all night. Cups. Seriously, who needs toys?

2 Comments:

  1. Amanda Lamb said...
    First, way cute background...where did you get it????
    Second, Morgan, I love your projects! If we ever meet each other you're going to have to teach me some things.
    Mo said...
    I found the background on some free blog template page, but I have no idea how to make it work. John did that part. You can do a search for free blog templates. There's lots to chose from!

Post a Comment