Friday, February 01, 2008
Lately I've had this yearning to make trifle. The only problem was that I didn't have a trifle bowl. So I began looking when I was out but never found one that I loved enough to justify spending 20+ dollars on. I came really close to buying this one but I was able to talk myself out of it, saying that I surely could find one cheaper. And I did. I was at Ross the other day and came across this bowl. It wasn't exactly a trifle bowl, but I knew it could serve the same purpose. I got more excited when I picked it up and noticed it's weight and thickness. I was feeling more and more like this was the bowl for me. Then I looked at the price tag and knew this was the bowl for me. 99 cents! How could I say no to that? It's like it was meant to be. I always get this great sense of triumph when I know that my thriftiness has paid off. Needless to say, we made trifle. We meaning I started it and got sidetracked with making dinner so John finished it for me. If I haven't already mentioned it, I have the best hubby! Here is our creation:
We used this recipe only because I already had the ingredients. There are better recipes, I'm sure, but this one came out really good.
On a side note, I 've been working on more Valentines decorations. I haven't been that diligent, but I have made a few things including some heart garland for our mantle and some of these little ornaments to hang from our kitchen window. I like these because they require no sewing and are super easy.
Have a great weekend!
2 Comments:
-
- sheri said...
9:45 AMYum! I never even knew that was called trifle, lol. I'm so ghetto.- Anonymous said...
7:39 AMYou are ghetto...I don't know anyone more ghetto than you.