Wednesday, October 08, 2008
To celebrate fall, and our current heat wave, Devan and I went to the beach. I still have my beach bag full of toys and sunblock sitting on my front patio so all we had to do was put on our "babing" suits as Devan calls them. We left around 9:30 and it was already HOT. We went to the closest beach in Laguna which unfotunately has really big waves, but Devan didn't mind. She just played with her sand toys and occasionally wanted to fill her bucket up.
Here's the crazy part- within five mintues sitting down on my beach towel I felt something land on my arm. Then I felt a sting. I looked and found a BEE stinging me! I flicked him off but he left his stinger! I quickly plucked out the stinger in disbelief. I couldn't believe I had just been stung! I have gone almost 30 years without being stung by a bee! I thought the bees and I had this mutual understanding that I didn't bother them and they didn't bother me. However, now that I know I'm not allergic to bee stings, nor do they hurt me, I am no longer on the bees side.
The good news is I got to stare at my future house for a while.

This is actually a few houses, and they all have staircases that lead down to the sand. And one house has even built a little tiki lounge half way down. Either one would be fine with me!
5 Comments:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
And what's w/that bee stinging you?! I'm now a little more nervous, since I've gone 34 years w/out a bee sting. And while I'm at it, what's with this heat?! Stupid weather.
but, i haven't been stung in 17 years... wow. that makes me feel old.