Monday, October 06, 2008

This weekend was full of lots of really good things. My sister was in town for her birthday. We were a little worried that she wouldn't make it after her emergency appendectomy last weekend, but she did- she's a trooper. And she brought Devan a gold cowgirl hat she bought for her last time she was in Nasheville. Devan loves it and says "Gimme up, cowboy!" whenever she wears it. I should take a picture.


Friday night we went to Chili's with some good friends. It was fun to catch up and hang out- I just wish we had more time together.


On Saturday we went to John's parents house where his Mom gave me a bag full of everything I've been craving! Including a gift card to Subway! It was really so thoughtful. Later that night John went to conference with his Dad. They have this tradition of going out to eat after conference and this time they went to get sushi. (I should preface this by saying that a few days ago I was telling John how I was wanting some vegetable tempura really bad). So, they went to sushi and John brought me home-what else- vegetable tempura! I am grateful to be a part of such a thoughtful, generous family! Thanks guys!


Sunday we watched conference and ate really good food. And Devan took a nap with my mom's decorative wooden rooster. She insisted on bringing it to bed with her. When I went to check on her, this is what I found:


Of all the soft, fluffy, cute toys she has, she prefers to bring the wooden rooster to bed. What a funny girl!

4 Comments:

  1. J-Dub said...
    Best weekend in a while. It was jam packed.
    J said...
    And is that rooster praying? I think he is! What a religious child!
    sheri said...
    That was WAY fun Friday night. We really need to do that again. And include the rest of the Haro family next time :)
    Anonymous said...
    HAd a great time w/ you guys. Thanks for taking time to hangout. Miss you tons already and no I'm not G-A-Y.

Post a Comment