Saturday, October 11, 2008

Craft Time

I found this tutorial yesterday and decided to give it a try. Devan wanted to try it out also, so I printed her her own copy. She is absolutely in love with glue sticks. She would glue anything and everything if I let her. Needless to say she was in heaven yesterday when I handed her her very own glue stick!

Devan's finished product: (she made several. One for Daddy, Grandma and Papa).



My finished product:

I'm not sure how I feel about them above the TV, so I might end up moving it somewhere else.

So the other day I was at Target (imagine that) and I came across some really cute hair clips for little girls. I was absolutely SHOCKED when I looked at the price. Here is what I found:

10 bucks! I knew I could whip some up for way less than that. I decided to give it a try. I went to a beauty supply store and bought a pack of 20 clips for $2.99. I have more ribbon than I know what to do with so I just picked out a few scraps and went to town.



I used a hot glue gun and it seemed to work fine. And I love them. I know I will be making more. Probably Halloween/Christmas themed ones. Here is Devan modeling them.





3 Comments:

  1. Alissa said...
    good for you. i wouldn't buy them either... but they are super cute.
    Anonymous said...
    Mo, you are so tallented! And Devan is sooo cute, as usual! Doesn't she want to come to see Grandma?!
    Amanda Lamb said...
    I totally LOVE these! Reagan's hair is at a funny stage...always in her face. I will be doing this! Nicely done!

Post a Comment