Sunday, October 26, 2008

Fall Tradition

Every year since before I was born my family has had a tradition of buying apples from our favorite apple farm. The apples are absolutely declicious and usually around 50 cents a pound. (Which really makes it hard to buy mediocre apples for $2 or more a pound in the grocery stores the rest of the year!) This weekend we packed up our car and headed north to continue the tradition. We ate lunch at our favorite clam chowder spot, drove through beautiful canyons while enjoying the nice fall weather, bought lots and lots of apples, and of course, took photos!












I'm already looking forward to next year!

5 Comments:

  1. Nick Onken said...
    You guys have a beautiful little girl.

    Which farm do you go to?
    sheri said...
    Hey, I want to go there! Where is this place? If it was cooler than the weather here this past week, I'm there. And apples...oh man, love them. You'd think that eating 2-5 apples/day during Kelly's pregnancy would've turned me off to them. You'd be wrong. Gala apples all the way!
    Mo said...
    The apple farm we go to is Gopher Glen in See Canyon, San Luis Obispo. It's right past Pismo Beach. They just sell apples by the pound, but I'm sure theres some in the area where you can pick them yourselves. I highly recommend it, they are the best apples I've ever had! And they have all kinds. We put them in our fridge and they last until thanksgiving, sometimes longer.
    Tricia said...
    Your dad brought us some of those awesome apples back when we lived in NP... some were sooo unbelievably huge and yes, the best I've ever had...FUJI's all the way
    Anonymous said...
    I miss my baby girl!!! She is so beautiful, but what do you expect from a gorgeous mother and handsome daddy...The bubble picture is on my desktop at work. Love you!!!!

Post a Comment