Sunday, October 19, 2008
Every parent has expectations and ideas of what parenthood is going to be like. For me, most of these were gone long before Devan reached one week old. One of the biggest surprises for me was realizing that Devan was not me, nor John. I used to daydream about having a little girl that was just like me running around, and I very quickly saw that was not the case. There are definitely similarities, but for the most part Devan is a truly unique person.
Yesterday on the way home from the grocery store Devan informed me that she wanted a snack. I told her we were almost home and that I would get her a snack soon. She was not happy about this. She let out a VERY dramatic sigh that sounded like this "Uuuuhhhhh!" That was followed by this statement: "This is Ridiculous!!"
Later that night I was talking to my Mom on the phone and I told her this story. I then said something like "My little drama queen...". Devan overheard this and came running over to me and exclaimed " no, YOU'RE the drama queen!!"
Seriously, where did she come from?
1 Comment:
-
- sheri said...
8:20 PMhilarious!!!!!!