Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Yesterday I heard the babies heart beat for the first time. And just for the record, I'm predicting a girl. This is how it went.
Me: (after the Doctor found the heart beat) Is that it?
Doctor: It's not yours!
Me: It's fast.
Doctor: Yeah, it's fast.
Me: (thinking to myself) A GIRL!
I'm sure most people know that girls generally have faster hear rates than guys. This is absolutely the case with John and I. My resting heart rate is somewhere between 80 and 90. John's? Between 40-50. As he likes to say "My heart gets the job done with half as much effort as yours". Men also have larger hearts, for the record.
Back to the baby- Everything looks/sounds good. I'm afraid John might be a little disappointed that I think it's a girl. I'm not worried because we'll have more kids and I'm sure a boy will show up sooner or later if not this time.
A couple more reasons I love my doctors office: Every room has it's own private bathroom. And it's own digital scale. That means no more weighing in in front of the whole office staff. Towards the end of my pregnancy with Devan I'd get so embarrassed when I'd step on the platform scale and the nurse would start sliding the weights to the right and I thought she'd never stop! Now I get to be weighed in the privacy of my own room and without hearing those noisy weights sliding around. (Still not an enjoyable experience- either way your consistently gaining weight for 9 months straight!) Although I really can't complain. I realize that being pregnant is a total blessing and am grateful every day that I get to add to our family. I just need the next six months to go as quickly as possible!
3 Comments:
-
- J-Dub said...
12:33 PMI heart your baby too.- Anonymous said...
4:10 PMHow exciting! Lot's more babies! Hurry, hurry! As for weighing yourself, just pretend it is your IQ! Love ya!- Tricia said...
2:04 PMin my opinion making a pregnant woman get on a scale is cruel & unusual punishment. By the last 2 pregnancies I reminded the nurse every time not to tell me the number as I closed my eyes. I didn't want to know since there was nothing I was going to do about it but drown my sorrows in a milkshake and get even heavier for the next weigh-in. congratulations!! so happy for you!