Thursday, September 18, 2008

Foods I crave:

Otter Pops
Starbursts
Fruit Roll Ups
Smoothies
Subway sandwiches

Food aversions:

Anything else.

I guess I can't complain. My nausea isn't so bad that I can't eat anything- it's just bad enough that I can only eat certain foods. The good news on the topic of pregnancy is that I found a doctor I really like. He's from New York and comes from a family of OBGYN's and even has a cousin that practices in TO. His office is seriously nice(the waiting room has bottled water on a silver platter and a huge flat screen TV) and he has privileges at 3 local hospitals that are all within a few minutes from me and offer private rooms where your spouse can stay.(The hospital where I delivered Devan didn't offer this. I had a roomate which wasn't the most horrible thing, but I'm definitely looking forward to having my own room this time around). I tend to be a little picky about finding doctors that I like, so I'm really glad I got this one out of the way.

On a side note- like everyone else, we have TV guidelines in our home. Devan is aware of the fact that she is NOT allowed to watch Spongebob Squarepants. Apparently John didn't know this. Last night when I was at enrichment, John said he was getting sick of watching Devan's cartoons and asked her if she wanted to watch Spongebob. Devan shook her head and said "No, Mommy says no Spongebob!" I was so proud of her until he told me that a minute after that she asked to watch it and he said yes. The things they get away with when Mom's not around!

9 Comments:

  1. Quinn said...
    I don't know about children's shows. what's wrong with spongebob? (i need to know in case i'm ever babysitting devan.)
    Mo said...
    Q- spongebob is a very fast paced cartoon made for older kids. It's humor is really geard so that adults can watch the show, too and has things that are probably not the most appropriate for 2 year olds. Also, it has no educational value. And lots of allusions to adult content. Just so you know.
    J-Dub said...
    you forgot to mention vegetable tempura
    Tricia said...
    Yeah Devan (almost). And John, you need to go sit in the corner and write "I will not watch Spongebob" 25 times.
    sheri said...
    I'm glad to hear about the great doctor!
    SpongeBob is a daily occurance around here. I actually like the show and laugh as I hear it while passing through the living room. And while it's not that educational for a 2yo, it certainly is for a 7yo. I think Kyle asked me what things/phrases/words meant on a daily basis this summer...all from what he'd heard on SpongeBob of all places! lol It also happens to include some good moral/friendship lessons in most episodes. Course, a 2yo wouldn't be able to pick up on those quite yet. :)
    Anonymous said...
    SpongeBob is of the devil.....blahhhhhh!!!
    Haro Family said...
    I bet you feel so happy to have found a good doctor. That gives so much piece of mind during pregnancy. I love the fact that he has bottled water on a silver platter--I guess it fits right into the neighborhood. He is also probably especially careful with his treatment because he wouldn't want to get sued!
    Anonymous said...
    Friends at work, who have many children suggest this....eat something salty before you even lift your head off the pillow in the morning. I suggest eating soda crackers, or potato chips or wheat crackers, sip gingerale or 7-up..no coke..to sugary. Eat protein in the AM, Debbie says to eat a bean burrito or some other kind of protein once you are up.. These are all great suggestions. No COKE!
    J-Dub said...
    put a george forman by the bed side and grill up a nice ribeye.

Post a Comment