Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Green Beans

This recipe is for lovers and haters of green beans. Those of you who love green beans will love them even more and those of you who hate them will have a change of heart. Or palette.

I got this recipe from my Mom and I think it's a weight watchers recipe. Don't let that fool you. They are tasty. And healthy.




Ingredients:

1 1/2 lbs green beans

3 T soy sauce

1 T sesame oil

1 t sugar

6 garlic cloves, minced

Directions

1. Cook green beans 4-5 minutes in boiling water

2. Combine soy sauce, oil, sugar- set aside

3. Drain beans

4. Spray skillet, place over medium heat. Add garlic, cook, stirring constantly until soft. Add green beans, cook stirring and turning until well coated. Add soy sauce mixture, continue to stir and turn until most of the liquid is absorbed. Enjoy!

Okay- it's really very simple. Once I put the sauce on the beans I keep them cooking until they are very tender; this way they have more time to absorb the sauce. Also, I double the sauce and add a little more garlic than what is called for. So good and good for you! I like to make these to add a little variety to dinner, instead of making a salad like I always do. Try them!

5 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    YUCK!!!
    J-Dub said...
    Speaking of needing weight watchers...the above poster could use a recipe or three.

    What did I say about eating only invisible food with air sauce. That proves it.
    Anonymous said...
    What is that in your hand when your name shows up?
    sheri said...
    suh-weet! I just bought a bunch of fresh green beans at Trader Joes yesterday. Can't wait to try this recipe out! (I LOVE fresh green beans)
    Ben said...
    We just had them... they were fantastic! Thanks!

Post a Comment