Thursday, July 03, 2008
Most people recall certain years in their lives by relating them to historical moments. How do you remember certain years in your life. For me it was always easy. My history is gauged by the cars my family owned, but mostly my dad's cars. It does get a little difficult in the current years because there was a lot of turnover. So I submit for you my history, as accurately as I can recall it:
Born 1980- Not sure what my dad drove
1984- Chevy Vega (Dad)
1985- Honda Prelude (Dad)
1986- 1968 Chevy Impala (Mom)
1987- VW Bus (Mom)
1989- Ford Aerostar (Mom)
1989- BMW 325i (Dad)
1996- Chevy Corvette (Dad-I get my license and inherit the 89 Aerostar)
1997- Mecury Sable Wagon (Mom)
1999- Mazda Miata and Chevy Silverado (Both Dad's. Don't ask my mom about this. I took over the Silverado when the Aerostar fell apart. I also left on my mission this year)
2000- BMW 540i (Dad) Pontiac Sunfire (Mom)
2001- Acura 2.5TL ("Returned with Honor" and made my first purchase)
2002- Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 (My second car and my favorite to date. We traded in the Acura and the BMW 540i)
Porsche Carrera Convertible (Dad. All yellow with yellow stiching. Basically a really fast bumble bee.)
2003- Saturn Ion (A bitter-sweet year. Sold the Tacoma, *sniff *sniff, but got married. I bought that Ion because it was dirt cheap and a huge piece of crap)
2003- Porsche 911 Turbo (Dad. Don't ask my mom about this one either)
Honda Civic EX SE (Morgan. Now a full fledged member of the Walletclan and on her way to the "Car a year" program)
Subaru STi (Dad. It was either the Porsche goes or my Mom goes. This car was gnarly fast and pretty worked over. I really liked it and was sad to see it go.)
2004- BMW X3 (Mom gets a nice little grocery getter)
2006- Honda Element (Morgan. We had Devan and the Civic was too small.)
Mercedes SL500 (Dad steps back into luxury and drops the kid racer image)
Toyota Solara Convertible (Mom gets a new car. There must have been another one in there somewhere
2007- Jeep SRT-8 (Dad gets 425 hp in a family friendly SUV)
Honda Fit (We decide to eliminate two car payments and insurance payments and trade for one car. It's a sassy little thing)
2008- Dodge Caravan (We inherit the 2005 Caravan. Thanks!)
Audi RS4 (Dad picks up this new whip. I drove it the day he got it and MANNNN it's fast, and yellow!)
So that is our car history in a nutshell. Some of the pictures are the best ones I could find, but I tried to show you the exact car we had. This list excludes any of my dad's motorcycles and siblings cars....
What car did you have in 2002?
*Correct me if I am wrong or missing cars.
i'm thinking your dad might go through more cars than britney!
Oh and the VW bus is my fav. wish you still had that one.
work must be slow. love you!
I had the saturn for a while.
Me I keep a car unless it breaks down. My ION is running GREAT and I love it.
What I'm about to say has nothing to do with cars...it was just your last post!!
What is your email address? I can't find it anywhere and I have a website I think your wife might like if she doesn't already know about it!
We were in Northern Cali--but it would have been fantastic to see you and meet your lady and little lady.
andak@comcast.net