Sunday, July 27, 2008
I have been wanting to make Devan a "real" quilt for a while now. Before she was born I made her several baby blankets and rag quilts, but never a full on patchwork quilt with three layers and hand-sewn binding. I had reserved some of my favorite reprodepot purchases specifically for this project and there were finally no more sewing projects looming around in my brain that I had to make. I was so excited to start sewing, so excited in fact, that I started out right off the bat making mistakes. And the mistakes kept coming. And coming. Seriously, you'd think I'd never sewn a thing in my life. Literally, from the moment I began cutting my fabric to the last hand-sewn stitch in the binding, I made a million mistakes. I don't know what happened. I should have quit somewhere along the way but was so in love with my fabric choices that I couldn't admit that I had practically ruined the quilt that I wanted my daughter to carry with her throughout her life.
Well I finished it and I guess it looks okay. John says no one will ever know, but you can't say that to a quilter. Go ahead, enlarge the image. You will see all the little mistakes that plagued me every day since I started sewing. Oh well.
Onto more succesful projects: John made dinner. And it was terrific. He found this recipe by Rachael Ray. BBQ meatloaf that is definitely worth trying. I'm not a huge meatloaf fan, but these were good. And a great solution to my ground beef troubles.Thanks for a delicious dinner hubby!
And I totally just printed off the bbq meatloaf recipe. Definitely going to try that this week! (probably with ground turkey)
(I'm a friend of Sheri's and not totally weird. OK, maybe I am totally weird.)
I got back from Japan and came home to your package...that is the one that I sent you for your birthday. It was returned because of an insuffcient address. I don't know how that is possible because the address looks totally sufficient to me....SO I guess we will try round two...