Friday, June 20, 2008

Home Improvement

The other day I was making a mental list of things I needed John to hang, fix, etc. I started to realize that I could get a lot more done if I could use his electric screw driver/drill. So I whipped it out and called him for instructions. Piece of cake! Seriously, cinchy. Why the intimidation? Well I got a lot accomplished. Here are a few things.

The laundry room. I finally got smart and hung a broom/mop holder on the wall. I cant tell you how much better this makes it. I no longer have falling brooms all over the place.

We need a lot of extra storage. I've had to get a little creative as far as storage goes. I found these great baskets that just slide right on to a shelf. I love them.



Our closet. I really wanted a big jewelry armoire, but after looking at the price, and the size of my jewelry collection, I decided I'd better find another option. As soon as I spotted this thread holder at Joann's, I knew it was just what I was looking for. (I'm sure most of you are thinking, "She owns jewelry?!)

John's clothes. This one took a while. Our closet looked okay if you just glanced at it, but if you actually went in to look around, it was quite a disaster. So for now, things are looking better in there.


I feel as though I'm getting better at things like organization. It's been a long time coming, and I always wished I was more organized. After this move I vowed to keep our home organized as best I could. The good news is there is a Container Store nearby! That will be my next trip come pay day! (Or maybe just my next window shopping trip).

6 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Great job Mo! Now you just need a level....lol
    Mo said...
    Hey! I use a level!
    Anonymous said...
    Just playing Mo....I just wanted a reaction. Magic...out!
    J-Dub said...
    Maybe mo can fix your internet connection!
    sheri said...
    You have a container store near you?! Wahoo! I'm so there! I've drooled over their website many-a-days. I have a secret desire to become a professional organizer some day. You'd never know that by looking at my apartment, though.
    Haro Family said...
    Don't listen to Rob--he's just jealous about your broom hanger because we haven't been smart enough to get one yet. And he's also OCD about leveling--it cracks me up.

Post a Comment