Thursday, June 05, 2008
Let me begin by explaining a little bit about my vegetarian past, for those of you who haven't spoken to me about it in a while. When I was 16 I decided to try being a vegetarian. I still don't know why I made this choice, I think mostly it was because I was young and looking for some type of cause that I could feel good about. I chose vegetarianism.
I did pretty well for a while. The first few years I didn't eat any meat. After three years (I think) I began eating chicken again. I stayed with only chicken for several more years and about two years ago I started eating red meat again. And when I say red meat, I mean tri tip. I do not eat hamburgers, steaks, etc. And when I say tri tip I mean tri tip that I cook in my slow cooker. I cannot eat barbequed tri tip. So basically what I'm saying I guess, is that I only eat tri tip and only if it's been cooked in a crock pot.
This method I learned from my Mother. It is absolutely too delicious to pass up and absolutely too easy not to try.
First, you buy a whole untrimmed tri tip from the grocery store. Those of you living near a Ralphs are lucky, because they are on sale this week for only $1.99/lb!!!! This does not happen often, let me assure you.
Then, you put the whole tri tip in the crock pot. Next you pick out your favorite marinade. My favorites are Sesame Ginger or Steak & Chop by Lawry's. Pour about half the bottle over the tri tip.

Turn your crock pot to high. Let it cook about 6 hours and you have dinner. Seriously, it's that easy. The meat literally falls apart when you touch it. Devan will eat almost more than John and I do. It's a staple in our house, especially on fast Sunday, however the smell of a cooking tri tip is enough to drive you crazy while you wait around all moring for church to start!
You can also throw in some veggies and potatoes about half way through. You can't go wrong. So go to Ralphs today and get one. Or two.
2 Comments:
-
- sheri said...
3:44 PMWell, you know where to find me later today! Thanks!- J said...
3:56 PMI've started making roasts in the crock pot most Sundays now. I do love it! Way to be!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)