Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I'd be Lying

If I said we haven't thought about having another baby. Though there was a time right after I had Devan that I swore I'd never do it again, it seems to be coming up more and more these days. More of our sentences are starting like "If we have a boy..." or, "With the next baby, we'll need this...". I cant tell you when, but I can tell you it's in our plans. Although, the more plans we make, the more our lives seem to go in the opposite directon. Remember Chicago? I'm just sayin'.


Well, call it a little wishful thinking, but I found some fabric last night that I could not refuse.


I usually think hawaiian themed anything is totally outplayed, but I really fell for this print. I bought matching prints as well and can't wait to make a quilt. And if we never have a boy, I will give it to someone who does. On the topic of girls vs boys, I really cant decide what I'd rather have. The obvious answer would be a boy, right? I have absolutely loved having a girl, and sometimes find myself hoping we have another girl first. But when I think about 20 years from now, I really want boys. Who is going to chop fire wood, and feed the horses? What? I didn't tell you our (my) plans of retiring in Tennessee? That story will get it's own post.

I am NOT pregnant, by the way.

6 Comments:

  1. Alissa said...
    lies! you're totally knocked up!
    J-Dub said...
    I heard you were pregnant from alissa....
    Ruth said...
    Ben and I couldn't decide what we would rather have, either. We want to have a boy eventually, but then we thought it would be fun for Ashley to have a sister to play with... and it is so fun to dress her up. I really think girl clothes are cuter. Anyway, in my opinion, it is a good thing God decides and not us, because I don't think we could have ever decided.
    sheri said...
    Before finding out what Kelly was, I was actually leaning slightly towards having another boy. I was cool with either, but if I were given the choice, I'd probably have chosen boy. Maybe because I was already familiar w/it? I dunno. But I've obviously thoroughly enjoyed having a girl. As her closet will tell you...some days a little too much fun.
    J said...
    I'd like to have an alien. I mean that would just open up a whole new line of fabrics that we currently can't use with this only boy/girl scenario.
    Anonymous said...
    So thats why I haven't seen or heard from John the last couple of weeks.....that's what Magic said!

Post a Comment