Saturday, September 27, 2008

Recliner Advice

We don't need a whole lot for this baby, but one of the major things we are going to need is a recliner. When I had Devan my Mom bought us a recliner she found at the Salvation Army that was in great condition. I used it every single day until right before we moved because it started to break down a little. I've looked at the gliders that babies'r'us has, but I don't think a glider is going to work for us. Most of you know Devan was severely colicky and I spent countless hours nursing/rocking/sleeping in our recliner.

The problem is I don't even know where to begin to find a recliner. Do I have to buy a Lazy Boy? If I buy a cheaper one am I going to be disappointed? If any of you have recliner advice, please let me know!


(John holding Devan in our trusty green recliner. One of the few pictures where she wasn't screaming. Boy am I looking forward to having a good camera this time around!)

2 Comments:

  1. Ruth said...
    I have a definite opinion about this, and it isn't unbiased...ha, ha.

    When Ashley was born, we bought the cheapest glider/ottoman combo we could find because that was what we could afford. We regretted it. We said that when we had our next baby, we would buy something better. So, we did.

    We were going to get another glider/ottoman, but since we were going to spend a good amount of money on one (because they are expensive) we wanted a leather one, so it would last that much longer (easier to wipe up spit up, and such). We also wanted something that rocked and leaned back at the same time. Long story short, we ended up with a small Lazy Boy. We liked the recliner because we could put it anywhere in the house and it would look good, a leather Lazy Boy was actually less expensive than a leather glider, and it is oh, so comfy! The Lazy Boy was the only recliner we could find that would rock and lean back (not recline with the feet up, just lean back) at the same time. Also, the back comes off, so it can go through narrow doorways and such. We have been SO happy with it! The only downfall, and thing I miss is the ottoman. We got one of those nursing stools, which raises my feet up a little, but it isn't the same as having my feet up all the way. And, it does take up a lot of room. But, other than that, we love it.

    This is probably way more than you wanted, but since you asked for advice, I thought I'd give you mine. Good luck shopping!
    sheri said...
    I have no real advice or experience (I used our computer chair w/Kyle, lol and the Boyntons gave us their old glider for Kelly) But those Lazy Boys are WAY comfy.
    And Devan is so tiny in that picture!!

Post a Comment