Thursday, September 11, 2008

Sew Busy

I have slowly come to the realization that I might have a fabric addiction. Devan's closet is almost entirely fabric (and craft stuff). It was beginning to take over our home and so I decided to do something about it. I am so not one of those people who hord things and pack up their garages with boxes upon boxes until the day they die. So I stopped buying fabric (for the time being) and started sewing. The only problem is that I still have fabric, just in a different form. Here is the pile of baby quilts I have accumulated.


I will be keeping the cowboy quilt. I love it. I loved the flannel when I bought it and I love it even more as a quilt.

I also thought about keeping the pink and green one, because there is a spot on the flannel where you can see some of the selvage. In a corner you can see part of the word "Joann". But it is so cute besides that and I think I could get away with it as long as I told the recipient that it was not intentional.

I have also been trying out some new stitches on my machine. So far my favorite is the twirly one. I used it on the pink and green as well as the cowboy quilt. I really like how it turned out and will definitely be using it more in the future.


So, I just need to find some baby showers to go to and I will be on my way to a less fabric filled closet!

2 Comments:

  1. Ruth said...
    Very fun! You should come to our ward - we have about 1 baby shower/month! It's insane, really.
    Anonymous said...
    Really...once a month...WOW!!!

Post a Comment