Tuesday, September 23, 2008
The other day I was listening to Carrie Underwood's version of the song "I'll Stand By You". I have heard this song many, many times before, but this time it was different. All of the sudden it made sense- this song is clearly about a parent/child relationship! Maybe I missed this all along, but it's very clear to me now. I cant listen to it without thinking of Devan. It makes me cry every time. I think it perfectly depicts how every mother feels about their children.
(the video)
Oh, why you look so sad?
The tears are in your eyes
Come on and talk to me now
Don't be ashamed to cry
Let me see you through
Cause I've seen the dark side, too
When the night falls on you
You don't know what to do
Nothing you confess
Could make me love you less
I'll stand by you
I'll stand by you
I won't let nobody hurt you
I'll stand by you
So, if your mad, get mad
Don't hold it all inside
Come on and talk to me, now
Hey, what you got to hide?
I get angry too
Well im alot like you
When your standing at the crossroads
and don't know which path to choose
let me come along
cause even if your wrong
I'll stand by you
I'll stand by you
I won't let nobody hurt you
I'll stand by you
Take me in into your darkest hour
and I'll never desert you
I'll stand by you
And when, when the night falls on you baby
Your feeling all alone
You won't be on your own
I'll stand by you
I'll stand by you
I won't let nobody hurt you
I'll stand by
It's amazing how strong a mothers love is. Everytime I hear the line "Nothing you confess could make me love you less" I know it's true. Even the days Devan drives me crazy and I'm pulling my hair out, I still love her more than I did the day before. And I definitely can't say that about all of my loved ones!
Another of my favorite lines is "Take me in into your darkest hour, and I'll never desert you". This makes me think of my own Mother and how grateful I am that I have such a strong ally. It's a great feeling to know there is someone in your life who will never desert you!
I love you Devan!
7 Comments:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
How are you feeling?
Aunt Corinne
I love it.