Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Today I took Devan to the mall the play at the playground because it is SO HOT here! I had been waiting for summer to kick into gear, I just didn't know I had to wait till fall! Anyway- there I was walking around the mall when I approached Old Navy. My heart skipped a beat when I saw the big red clearance sign in the window. I quickly put Devan in a cart and began to shop. You can imagine my surprise when I found out that not only were the clearance racks 50% off- they were an additional 50% off!! Old Navy does this several times per year, but they don't advertise so I'm always excited when I show up and find a great sale.
I looked in the maternity section, but there wasn't much going on there so I started looking for larger sizes in non-maternity clothes. I found with Devan that it's better to plan ahead when it comes to maternity clothes, especially for me because I hate paying full price for anything. So I found some great deals. I mean great. Probably the greatest deal I've ever gotten. Remember the shirt I got for $.39 at Target? I did way better.
One shirt I found was marked down to $1.99. I was pretty excited because it was a plain white t-shirt and you can never have enough of those. When I went to pay, this particular shirt came up as $.05! Yeah. Five cents! The cashier checked it and said it was right so I went along with it. I also bought several other shirts for $.99, $1.97, and $1.49. And these are not some of the weird shirts Old Navy often has, or the shirts with "Old Navy" printed on the front. These were all plain colored t-shirts that you can wear with just about anything.
Unfortunately this sale was only on Mens and Womens. The little girls clearance section was the usual 50% off. The moral of this post is to get to Old Navy fast if you want to save some money!
And for those of you who will make fun of me for being so crazy about finding good deals, let me leave you with a quote from Brigham Young:
"If you want to get rich, save what you get. A fool can earn money; but it takes a wise man to save and dispose of it to his own advantage".
I think buying a new shirt for $.05 is disposing of my money to my advantage. You can't even buy a used shirt at a thrift store for that much. Or a garage sale. Believe me, I've looked.
And for the record, I have no problem with great deals. I'm often just not patient enough to shop around for them. Oh how I wish tomorrow weren't a "help in Kelly's class" day....