Wednesday, September 10, 2008

My List

Every year I have a hard time coming up with a Christmas list, and inevitably ask for things that I don't really need or really want. This year I am prepared. I have been keeping a list so when my family starts asking I can whip it out and without hesitating know what I want. And for my family- please send me a list! And John is notoriously bad at coming up with (reasonably priced) items. I think the first year we were married I got him a pillow and a plain black sweatshirt. Yeah. I know. Anyway-Here's my list:

Multi-Cooker. Although my current crock pot works just fine, what I'm looking for is something that will work for me on Sunday's. My problem is that I like to have a whole meal cooked when we get home, and when I throw potatoes and vegetables in with the meat, by the time we get home from church they are often over cooked. This one comes with a steaming tray, which would be great for veggies. Has anyone used one like this? Do you like it?

The Egg Cooker. Previously blogged about here.






Some new knives. My Mom has these and they are great for things like strawberries and pears.


Gilmore Girls Box Set!!! I actually just finished watching the whole season on Netflix a couple months ago and already want to start it over! My favorite show EVER. Not loaded with inappropriate jokes or dark and depressing. A really happy show that always made me feel good. And the writing was good- quick and witty.



This cookbook.




And of course, fabric.


8 Comments:

  1. sheri said...
    That is a GREAT list!
    Nick Onken said...
    The Gilmore Girls? Honestly? Didn't it get voted for worst show ever? THEY ALL TALK THE SAME! I really need to have a talk with John.



    Of course, Jamie watches it too. I have to leave the room when it's on.
    sheri said...
    Oh, and that crockpot cooker thing looks awesome! I might just have to add that to MY list. :)
    Anonymous said...
    I want that egg cooker!
    Anonymous said...
    And no this is not Jehremy....he likes his eggs raw.
    rowdystroudy said...
    Okay--so I hate to break up the fabulous Christmas gift ideas--but I just have to say that the cookbook is not that fantastic. The recipes are not very good and I have figured out that I can add nutrition to every meal by myself instead of using her recipes. The moment I got it I went insanely crazy and made enough vegetable purees to last a year. Then I made the recipes, and some were seriously gross. I actually gave mine away. Of course, I can only speak for myself--so you could totally love it! But then that would mean that we have nothing in common, and I don't know if could live with that! haha!
    Oh- I love all your quilts!!
    Mo said...
    Thanks, Carrie! This is good to know. I've seen several books like this so I think I might just make a trip to the bookstore and check out others and find one I like!
    Heath#1 said...
    I love Gilmore Girls too I have about 60 episodes Dvred to watch when I have time, Congrats on new little one to come, we hadn' t heard yet.
    Hope all is going well for your family

Post a Comment