Tuesday, September 09, 2008
That Devan is only 2. For instance...
Yesterday, while playing together, Devan said to me
"Where is Daddy, Mama?"
"He's at work today"
"He's at work, again??"
"Yes, he's at work again".
"I really miss him".
"I really miss him, too".
"I know, but I miss him for a long time!"
A few days ago John broke his toe. He was sitting on Devan's bed while she was playing with some toys.
"Come play with me, Dadddy"
" I can't play right now cause I have a boo boo on my toe"
"Daddy, you don't have a boo boo".
"Yes, I do, I broke my toe".
"Daddy, your boo boo is FINE".
Every now and again she will ask about Josh, our real estate agent who's in our ward. She will say things like,
"Mommy, where's Josh? Josh is a nice man. He's helping us find a new house. Right now he's home with his babies. He's nice".
And then after these types of converstations I remember that she is in fact only two years old when she says things like this
"I'm not sorry to you!!"
"I want to go to Grandma's house RIGHT NOW!!"
"Stop that!"
"Don't look at me!"
"Mama, just go to your room!"
" I don't want to go to bed ANY MORE!"
Having Devan has made me realize it was a good thing I made the decision not to spank long before I had a baby, or else she would have a seriously sore butt.
I love you Devan!
6 Comments:
-
- sheri said...
1:30 PMShe's so stinkin' cute! And from another perspective, be grateful for her language development :) It's been quite a stress and difficult process on the other side.- Anonymous said...
8:38 PMI think she is extremely bright for a two year old. And, I think, when she asks to go to her grandma's house you should take her! :)- Haro Family said...
10:15 PMShe cracks me up. I can't believe she's only 2! She's a smart little cookie, and so adorable.- Anonymous said...
4:02 PMWe all know how bright Devo is, but my question is how did Eggs break his toe?- Anonymous said...
4:04 PMDid he slam his wireless controller on it out of frustration? Eagles and Birdies=good.....bogeys=bad. FORE!!!!!!!!!!!!- Anonymous said...
7:39 PM....and in his hair