Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Beach Day!

Kauai has beautiful beaches, but they are unfortunately not the easiest to get to. That and the fact that it rains a lot meant that we only had one "official" beach day. We found this great beach in Hannalei that you could swim and snorkel at.


The sand looks beautiful but don't let it fool you. It's the hottest freakin' sand I've ever walked on. And I consider myself to have a high tolerance for pain. Don't believe me? I have a blister on my foot to prove it. It was THAT hot.

So according to those that went snorkeling, there were quite a few pretty fish and also sea turtles! Tim and Adam even said they were able to rub the turtles shells and swim with them. I was too occupied keeping an eye on Devan, but next time I will go out for sure.

John
Grandpa

Dev

Adrienne

Tim and Adrienne
Devan and Daddy building a sandcastle

Hilary, Tim, Adrienne and Grandpa

And one last favorite of Devan and her crooked smile
BTW, the water temp was perfect. It wasn't freezing cold like CA and not super warm like Miami. It was just right for a refreshing dip. Also, I used little to no photoshop on these photos. The beauty of natural light!

2 Comments:

  1. sheri said...
    So, so incredibly gorgeous.
    Haro Family said...
    So that's what paradise looks like. That water looks beautiful. I don't like swimming in the ocean, but I would dive into that water in a heartbeat!

Post a Comment