Friday, August 22, 2008
I'm getting a little bored with posting about Hawaii, so I'm going to post a few more pics and call it a day. If anyone who went on the trip wants copies of any of these, or other photos you know I took but haven't posted, just let me know!
This was a waterfall you could literally just drive up to. Wailua falls? I think.
Waimea Canyon. "The Grand Canyon of the Pacific"

Look! I really was there! Our little family.
Our big family.
A local Hannalei shave ice truck

John and Devan

Kipu Falls. These pictures are not the best, mostly because I couldn't get that close. I was also trying to balance on two rocks in the middle of the river. We found this waterfall in our book and it said there was a rope swing there. It also said it was a five minute walk from the main road. Well, there was a rope swing but it was hardly a five minute walk. It was a hike, through wet slippery mud and crazy jungle like foliage that you needed a machete to get through, and then you had to climb over wet slippery rocks and then you got to either jump in the falls via the rope swing or you got to hang out on the rocks, which is what I did. It was probably the worst possible place for a two year old. I was fortunate to be with Tim and John or I never would have made it Carrying Devan, a big beach bag, and my camera bag. Tim took Devan and waltzed over the rocks holding her like he does it every day.
Anyway- here is a shot of Tim. The falls were actually pretty big, even though you can't tell from the photo. And the locals were climbing up in the trees and jumping in off the branches! Crazy.
Adrienne
John

Hilary
Here's a shot of one of the many geckos we found in our house. Devan loved these guys. But she couldn't stand to be too close to them. If you told her there was one on the floor she would bolt for higher ground, usually the couch.
And one more. The house across the street had this beautiful plumeria bush and I got some great shots. This one is my favorite.

That's all for now! Thank you SO MUCH to my amazingly generous in-laws!! It will be years before we can afford to take a trip like this on our own!
4 Comments:
-
- sheri said...
5:21 PMOh man, I need to start saving for a REAL vacation like this one!- Haro Family said...
9:55 PMSo beautiful! Come on, you didn't try the rope swing? I've always wanted to do that. Oh ya, SOMEONE has to take pictures. Ok, now we believe that you were really there. Awesome canyon!- Anonymous said...
5:53 PMEnjoyed the pictures...probably would like a few of the 3 of you that I didn't get. LOVE the flower pic..should enter in a photo contest.- Anonymous said...
6:58 PMI'm looking at the shave ice truck and I swore on the menu that one of the flavors said "Ganja". What is that?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)