Thursday, August 28, 2008
20 years ago I was ... 7 years old and in 2nd grade with my childhood BFF schmath. This would be the last year of our lives we got a ride to school. Starting in 3rd grade we rode our bikes to school every day until high school started, and then we walked. (Schmath, if you are reading, did you know that Cypress was 2 miles each way? 4 miles a day!) We also would soon come up with our "couch bike" idea- a big couch on wheels that had things like heated seats and a homework machine. We had many conversations about the couch bike on the cold mornings riding our bikes to school.
10 years ago I was... 17 and in my senior year of high school. Working at House of Fabrics with all my friends, on the prom committe, senior class secretary and still keeping up my 100% seminary attendance record. Spending the weekends (and sometimes weeknights) at Zuma beach, State Street in Santa Barbara, Universal City Walk, and 3rd street promenade in Santa Monica.
5 years ago I was... Engaged to John and working full time at a Chiropractors office. I was going to school and planning a wedding. Getting ready for life's biggest challenge to date: Reality!!
3 years ago I was...Pregnant with Devan. While pregnant I went parasailing in Miami and spent a week in New York City. It was then that I swore I would never go on vacation during my first trimester again! It's no fun being sick on vacation.
So far this year I have... Had the most stressful experience of my life, moved, been to the beach countless times, been to Kauai for my first time, and made an offer on a house!!
Yesterday I was... at the Urgent Care because I still haven't found doctors down here. Taking care of a sick child and putting my new memory foam mattress topper on my bed! Why didn't I think of this sooner? Seriously, I think last night I got the best nights sleep since before I was married. We bought the 2 inch one, which came with two memory foam pillows for only $70. We (allegedly) saved $260. If you have thought about getting one, I would recommend going for it!
Next year I will... Hopefully be living in a home I own, celebrate my 6th wedding anniversary, have my 10 year HS reunion, become a better cook, seamstress, wife and mother. And maybe even add to our little family!
Thanks, Tricia! That was fun. Oh yeah, and I tag Jackie, Ruth, Schmath, and anyone else!
2 Comments:
-
- Schmath said...
7:24 PMPlus it had that huge hill. That should count for at least three more miles. No wonder I could eat six tacos in one sitting.- Haro Family said...
6:07 AMSo fun to read this. 100% Seminary attendance? Wow. I'm amazed that I graduated. Those years were a blur. No wonder I can't remember that much of my childhood.