Monday, August 25, 2008

Potty Training

I've got about 40 diapers left and I am determined to never buy diapers again for Devan. I've also had this toilet sitting in Devan's bathroom since before we moved.


Please let me know what's worked for you!

4 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Ask Chicken Parm. He tinkles sitting down.
    sheri said...
    I'll let you know as soon as I actually have a kid that stays dry every single day, lol.
    Naw, actually, just make sure she's showing most of the signs of being ready herself, then go for it. No sense in pushing it before she's ready...trust me, you'd regret that. If she's ready, find her currency...treats, stickers, pretty undies, etc. And hopefully she'll be potty trained at night for you, too. But if not, know that it's actually quite normal for kids to wet the bed regularly up until like age 9. I know. Good times.
    Anonymous said...
    Actually I do.
    Haro Family said...
    I totally agree with Sheri. I waited until Kaylee was almost 4 (she was behind in her speech and I wanted to make sure she could really communicate with me), and Jessi was 3 when we started with her. Diapers seem to be annoying, but really they will seem very convenient compared to the numerous accidents they will have when they're not totally ready.

    When my kids were ready, I spent one full week completely devoted to toilet training: we hung out outside with only their underware on (or around the kitchen) with the little potty. I would give them tons of juice and popsicles. They learned to sit on the potty when they felt the urge and I was there all day to help them. After one week, they were totally done (except for the occasional accident). There are many other methods, but this one worked for me.

Post a Comment